I hate when it happens!
Recently, I went to a concert to the Bridgewater Hall. The music was great! There was a little of everything: extracts from very famous operas, overtures, ballads, and a selection of british songs. However, I had the bad fortune of being sitted besides a very noisy old lady. She kept murmuring to in a very low voice (but I still could hear it!). Then, at some point, she decided she liked the music and started humming. If that was not enough, she suddenly decided to have a candyand promptly proceeded to get one out from her purse. That wouldn't be bad had she decided to do it while the conductor of the orchestra gave a small intruduction to the next melody. But that wouldn't happen. No, the lady decided to get her candy once the orchestra had started playing, and of course the candy came in one of those very noisy wrappings! Furtunately, after the interval I was able to change seats and get far away from that noisy lady.
Some weeks before, I went to another concert by the Manchester Camerata who were playing the last three of Mozart's symphonies. By the way that particular concert was being recorded live. Naturally, the conductor informed the audience about this. So you would expect everyone to double check their mobiles and any other possible source of annoying noise. Well, no. It so happens that a lady didn't switched off her mobile so at the middle of the second movement of Mozart's Symphony no. 40 her mobile started ringing, utterly spoiling an otherwise wonderful concert!
Is it really so difficult for people to avoid doing such things. Come on! Whenever I go to a concert hall the first thing I do before entering the auditorium is switch off the mobile. Why is it that people always choose to open a candy bag when the orchestra is still playing? Can't they wait until the orchestra stops between melody and melody.
Some weeks before, I went to another concert by the Manchester Camerata who were playing the last three of Mozart's symphonies. By the way that particular concert was being recorded live. Naturally, the conductor informed the audience about this. So you would expect everyone to double check their mobiles and any other possible source of annoying noise. Well, no. It so happens that a lady didn't switched off her mobile so at the middle of the second movement of Mozart's Symphony no. 40 her mobile started ringing, utterly spoiling an otherwise wonderful concert!
Is it really so difficult for people to avoid doing such things. Come on! Whenever I go to a concert hall the first thing I do before entering the auditorium is switch off the mobile. Why is it that people always choose to open a candy bag when the orchestra is still playing? Can't they wait until the orchestra stops between melody and melody.

6 Comments:
I agree with you; I hated when people do that sort of things, but i disliked the fact that you assume that women are the persons with this kind of behaviour.
ngo: sorry, I didn't mean to say it's only women who do that sort of things. I know men also do them. Ammended the post to avoid anyother misunderstanding.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aha! You see? Everybody hates certain things.
And to answer your question: No, it's not difficult to avoid doing these things but people just don't care.
People are stupid.
ha! that was funny.... I actually find that classical music concerts are the only (performing) places in which I can actually shut up totally for the whole programme and where I'm able to pay attention to something (for a change)... and yeah, people are way so stupid.
That was funny. I actually find that classical music concerts are the sole events in which I am actually able to shut up completely and pay attention to something (for a change). I love trying to follow the melody that is playing one instrument... try it is so geeky and fun. And yeah, people are way so stupid
Post a Comment
<< Home